Open and Check USB disk on Fedora Linux and Check USB disk on Windows XP
Step by step to open and check USB disk on Fedora Linux, and open and check USB disk on Windows XP
After partitioning USB hard disk and then we format the USB hard disk with vfat filesystem, now we can test by open and check USB hard disk on Windows XP system and then test to mount USB hard disk on Linux fedora system to check that the USB hard disk can work on Linux and Windows environment. The step by step below show where you can check the USB hard disk after the Windows system or Linux Fedora system auto mount after we insert the external USB disk on the system.
Open and check USB disk on Linux Fedora system
1. The if the automount on Linux Fedora working nicely, usually when you insert the external USB hard disk drive on the system... the new USB hard disk icon appear on the Linux Fedora desktop as show on figure below.
and to show the USB disk properties, right click the usbdisk icon and click on Properties; the figure below show the USB hard disk properties on Linux Fedora system.
2. On Linux Fedora you can use the shell terminal with mount command to show the USB disk partition and mounted on what directory on the Linux Fedora system... The example below use the mount command on shell terminal to show the mounted USB disk drive with their partition, watch the USB disk mark by label usbdisk.
[root@fedora ~]# mount
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
gvfs-fuse-daemon on /root/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon (rw,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/sr0 on /media/Fedora 9 i386 DVD type iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,uid=0)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usbdisk type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,shortname=lower,uid=0)
Open and check USB disk on Windows XP system
1. Double click on My computer icon on the desktop to open and list the Hard Disk Drives on Windows XP system
2. Find the hard disk that label as usbdisk... the example on figure below show the USB disk detected by the Windows XP system as usbdisk on G drive ( usbdisk (G:) ), right click on the usbdisk to highlight and click on Properties.
3. The figure below show the USB hard disk drive properties on Windows XP operating system.
Keywords: open usb disk, check usb disk, check usb hard disk, open usb hard disk, using usb disk on fedora, using usb disk on windows xp